Losing Weight with the Atkins Diet

How to begin the Atkins diet.

Look for the Atkins A!
The one thing I did was research. I went to the official Atkins website and did some looking around to decide if this diet was right for me. Be careful to pick the Atkins Diet website as there are many impostors out there willing to use the Atkins name for traffic. I like the Atkins website. I find that it is easy to navigate. One of the most attractive features of the website is how you can look up recipes. Not only is this site fantastic for hundreds of easy no carb recipes it categorizes the recipes in several ways.
I hope that you are doing well! Just wanted to tell you about this cool new video that I just watched from my new friend and respected colleague, Dr Charles. In it, he reveals a very unusual tip for a flatter belly in just 3 to 10 days. I watched it, thought it was brilliant, and figured you might find it very helpful too.
I hope that this was short and sweet enough for ya. Have an amazing day!!
. You can look up the recipes in meals or by phases. So if you are in the Induction phase like me you can just click on the induction phase button and viola! hundreds of no carb meals at your fingertips.

I have used some of the recipes and they work just fine. You will even find some recipes for that sweet tooth of yours. As soon as I can find some sugar free chocolate syrup I am going to make some of those chocolate slushies!
But the website is not just all about the food. It is about support. You can find support in the community on the forums or in the blogs.

Four phases


There are four phases to the Atkins diet. The first phase is induction. This is where you go cold turkey off of starches and sweets! The second phase is OWL ( Ongoing Weight Loss) This is where you introduce more carbs into your diet in a healthy manner. Phase 3 is Pre maintence. You add more carbs while keeping your diet in control. And the fourth phase is Lifetime Maintenance. This is the end of your diet, but the beginning of a healthy new way of eating. Remember this is a commitment! And it is easier to do than you think!

Going to the Grocery Store

Be prepared!

So I visited my website I got a few recipes to try and I made my list. I am on my way to the grocery store! Now mind you I am usually a frugal gal and I love to pinch a penny or two, but it was not going to happen this trip! With my list in hand I was overzealous not o buy one carb! Nope not one carbohydrate was going into this shopping cart! Be prepared to to have a larger than normal grocery bill! I found myself stocking up on meats, cheeses and fresh veggies. i was constantly reading the back of the labels for nutrition information. How many carbs? How much fiber? I know I must have spent fifteen minutes in the snack bar aisle looking at the weight watcher bars vs the Atkins bars. The Atkins bars won. Less carbs and less sugars. You have to watch those little snack bars can be tricky. There are lots of names for sugar and those labels will purposefully list them as to trick you! I chose the Atkins bars. Yes they were expensive, but no more expensive than the other name brand bars. ( and yo know what I really like these bars too! They do a great job busting a up a sweet fix.
I also encourage you to do your coupon research too. The food receipt is going to be a little more on the pricey side. Of course if you are the only one going on the diet that makes it increase too. You buy your own healthy food and everyone else needs "their chips" or " their snack" ect.

Meals


One thing about fixing Meals for the Atkins diet, you gotta take your time and fix them. There is no more of grab a slice of pizza or go through the drive through. Pure protein is the name of the game. I have been pretty diligent about fixing extra meat or dinner at night just so I can take it in to work the next day. Yep a few chicken strips make a great breakfast! For lunch I will usually have a salad or veggie tray. In the afternoon I will have a snack bar. Then I have dinner. I admit I have not been too creative with dinners yet.. but I am sure that will become more creative as time goes by. I have been eating a side of meat and a side of veggies. No taters. Only the veggies on the approved list! As I stated before I really love the Atkins websites recipes. I have tried the giant zucchini pancake. and it is pretty good.

Atkins products


I have tried several of the Atkins products. I really like what I have sampled so far. In phase one you can eat some of the meal bars. They are a great way to curb off any sweet cravings! I like the chocolate chip cookie ones the best. If you are not sure you will like them I highly recommend you go to the Atkins website and sign up for their free starter pack. They send you two free Atkins bars, coupons, a carb counter book and some recipe books.
I have tried the Day Break Creamy Chocolate Shake. It is very good and seems to fill me up. i use it as a morning drink but you can use it any time you are hungry or having a chocolate fix! They make them in other flavors such as strawberry, vanilla and another variation of chocolate.

Now not all snack bars are for Phase one. Be sure to read the label before buying. I made the mistake purchasing the Atkins cinnamon square that was supposed to be for Phase 2! But they were awful good!

Just a few more things


I know I am only just about about three weeks into this diet, but here are some tips I have found helpful if you are going to venture into this. First of all I want to instruct you to get some whitening toothpaste or whitening mouthwash. With all the protein you are going to eat there will surely be a build up on you tooth enamel. I have found the bubbling action of the whitening mouthwash to be effective in getting that plaque off the back of your teeth! if you have the funds for some white strips, now would be the time!
Secondly I want you to be prepared that your appetite might slow down. during the second week I did not find myself as hungry and some days only ate two meals and a snack.
Third, be prepared for cravings. I have a sweet tooth and those Atkins bars indeed saved the day for me. They are not bad tasking and they definitely fill you up.
make sure you are incorporating some kind of exercise in your weight loss. You will find yourself without energy on some days. A nice walk will release some endorphins and really get you moving!

Thanks For Reading

I just wanted to thank you for stopping by and reading. I know I have only been with this diet for a few weeks, but I find writing about my weight loss does help me stay motivated. Maybe in the future I will write another lens about my success or my failure!

Update!


Just wanted to let you know that I have still stuck to my diet and I have now lost 12 pounds in a months time!

6/8/11- I am currently up to 15 pounds of weight loss! I might have to have another junk food day to restart my metabolism! If yo want to track my progress please check out the link below!

If you want to see my progress on the Atkins Diet

Check here to see How I am doing with the Atkins diet! I will document all my successes and failures here! Feel free to leave me a comment about your own success stories too!
Atkins diet for me
This is a personal account of me going on the Atkins diet. This is a weekly journal marking successes and failures that I will and have experienced on this diet plan. I am your average carb loving gal. The purpose of this blog is to keep me inspired and motivated, and hopefully provide motivation for others. If you have a story or advice to share on losing weight please don't hesitate to do so!

I write about many topics!



  • Weight Loss & Diet Plans - Find healthy diet plans and helpful ...

    www.webmd.com WebMD Home

    From healthy diet plans to helpful weight loss tools, here you'll find the latest diet news and information


  • Atkins Diet Plan - Guide To Lose Weight

    www.atkins-diet-plan-guide.com

    Atkins Diet Plan - Learn how to lose weight with atkins diet plan.


  • About.com Weight Loss

    weightloss.about.com

    Need easy weight loss tips? Skip the fads, get research-based advice: how to lose weight, healthy eating, motivation, recipes, exercise tips and more.


  • Free Best Diet and Weight loss plan Find the best diet plan and ...

    www.dietweightloss.co.uk

    Diet & Weight loss advice and tips. The best diets with free recipes, tips, motivation and fitness plans. No email or signup required.


  • HOME eDiets.com - Diet Plans and Weight Loss Programs.

    www.ediets.comLogin Menu Weight Loss Programs Meal Delivery Plans

    eDiets Official Site offers Online Diet Plans and Meal Delivery weight loss programs, including Mediterranean...


  • JAMA Network JAMA Comparison of the Atkins, Ornish, Weight ...

    jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=200094

    Comparison of the Atkins, Ornish, Weight Watchers, and Zone Diets for Weight Loss and Heart Disease Risk Reduction: A Randomized Trial FREE


  • Weight Loss & Diet Pills Discussion - www.DietBlogTalk.com

    www.dietblogtalk.com

    Discussions on Obesity and Weight Related topics such as Diet Pills, Diet Plans, Exercise, Books. Read what users are saying about popular Diet & Weight Loss


  • Diet and Weight Loss

    www.diet.comFat Flush Diet 3-Day Diet Diet Plans Metabolism Boosters

    Diet.com provides diet, nutrition and fitness solutions. Use our free weight loss tips and tools, healthy recipes and fitness videos to meet your weight loss goals today!


  • Weight loss - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight_loss

    Weight loss, in the context of medicine, health or physical fitness, is a reduction of the total body mass, due to a mean loss of fluid, body fat or adipose tissue ...


  • Weight Loss Program Weight Loss Management Atkins

    www.atkins.comOverview Recipes Phase 1 Frozen Meals Free Tools

    Atkins weight loss program is a powerful life-time approach to successful weight loss. Sign up today to our low-carb weight loss program and start a new healthy ...

No comments:

Post a Comment