How I keep my weight off

My Diet

Here's what I do to keep my weight off.

1. Avoid simple carbs such as rice, bread and noodles.
If you are trying to lose weight the low carb way, this is a must. However if you do happen to find yourself with your head in a bowl of ramen, don't hate yourself for it. Just eat something healthy for your next meal. No big deal.

2. Avoid refined sugar when possible.
Everyone knows that sugar is not the most nutritious of foods.
I hope that you are doing well! Just wanted to tell you about this cool new video that I just watched from my new friend and respected colleague, Dr Charles. In it, he reveals a very unusual tip for a flatter belly in just 3 to 10 days. I watched it, thought it was brilliant, and figured you might find it very helpful too.
I hope that this was short and sweet enough for ya. Have an amazing day!!
. In fact eating too much sugar can cause all kinds of bad things to your body.

3. Limit fruits to a single serving a day.
Fruits are highly nutritious and full of good stuff like antioxidants. For those trying to lose weight on a low-carb diet, stick to berries and avoid high-carb fruits like bananas.

4. Keep yourself satisfied all day with healthy snacks.
I never let myself get too hungry. I prevent myself from binging on unhealthy foods by keeping myself satisfied. Drinking lots of water throughout the days really helps in addition to keeping you hydrated.

5. Workout regularly (walking my dog, dancing, etc)
I try to fit in a workout almost everyday. I walk up the 8 floors to my apartment. I walk the dog. I dance. I do 20 pushups .Whatever I feel like doing and enjoy.

6. Give myself one cheat meal per week.
I basically eat anything I want for one meal.
I can have my pancakes on thiis day. Yay!

7. Eat what I'm craving badly.
If I want a cupcake really bad, I make sure to eat one slowly and savor every bite.

8. Once you do that, go back to eating healthy foods.
It's easy to do this after you had your cupcake right? As long as you don't let yourself feel guilty over that piece of cupcake, you're still on track.

9. Eat slowly and chew your food. Enjoy every bite.
Seriously, enjoy your food please. Be grateful for every morsel that goes into your mouth. Be conscious of the food's taste, texture and appearance.

10. Be happy that you're doing a good thing by taking care of your body.
You have decided to take better care of your body. You're taking baby steps towards your goal. You had a piece of cupcake after three days of low-carbing but you're eating a chicken salad for dinner with water. You're already doing so much good for yourself and your body. Congratulations!

Red Cabbage & Mizuna Salad

A simple recipe

Red Cabbage and Mizuna Salad
I know a lot of people think that low carbing means spending lots of time in the kitchen. This is a dish that I whipped up with leftovers I had in the refrigerator. Besides being super easy, red cabbage is a super food containing an amazing amount of nutrients. If you cannot find mizuna, it's an easy vegetable to substitute. It was just what I had in the house so I used it for this simple salad.

Ingredients :
Red Cabbage ( roughly chopped)
Mizuna ( roughly chopped )
Ham ( cut into bite-sized pieces )
Grated Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
Lemon Juice
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Mix all ingredients together in a big bowl. Add olive oil, lemon juice, grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste.

As you can see, I haven't used any specific measurements. You can eat as much as you want of the above ingredients because they are all low carb and healthy. For the dressing I always start with the oil and the lemon juice. Don't go overboard with the salt because the grated cheese is pretty salty. You can even make this salad without the cheese.

Want a slice of low carb pizza?
Top Ten Low-Carb Foods

How I tweak my low-carb diet

Pancakes
Now here is how I tweak the typical low carb diet to my personal lifestyle. I allow myself one cheat meal per week. I basically eat anything I want for just one meal. This really helps me stick to my eating plan because I know I'll be able to eat it when my cheat day comes.I love chocolate and from time to time I will indulge in a piece of good quality chocolate.

There are days when I reward myself with carbs such as high-carb normal pancakes. I never make these at home. I will actually treat it as a very special occasion and look for the best pancake restaurant i know of. I love pancakes and it's just one of those things I never want to give up. Please remember though that if you are trying to lose weight, these cheats will slow you down. If you are trying to lose weight, I recommend you to make your own. They are very easy to make and will help in your goal of losing excess weight.

I also try to fit in some form of exercise in my daily routine. I like to dance, take long walks and do pushups! I know it's a weird combination, but hey it works! The point is to find some form of activity you enjoy doing! No, watching TV does NOT count as an activity!

Extra tips

I believe that keeping your body healthy is key to enjoying life to the fullest. I also believe that to enjoy life, you must eat things you actually like. I remember reading about a Japanese doctor who is 54 years old, but looks 35. He even wrote a book on his method of staying young through diet. He basically skips breakfast and lunch. When dinner time comes, he eats a serving of whole grain and perhaps some vegetables and fruits. He hydrates himself throughout the day with burdock tea, which is supposed to help with anti-aging. He admits that he is continuously hungry and that's a good thing according to him. He does what he preaches and it shows.

I admit I was tempted to try out his strict regimen but after trying to imagine myself eating whole grains, vegetables and fruit for dinner only with nothing else throughout the day every single day, I started to feel depressed. Food is one of the pleasures of life at least for me. I know some people can live on boiled skinless chicken with salad everyday. I admire those people for their determination and strength. I know I could do it if I really had to but the thing is I really don't have a desire to go that far and strict.

I have been on a strict low carb diet for the first year when I lost a lot of weight. To tell you the truth, it wasn't that difficult. I did have to plan for my meals and I learned to avoid carbs wherever I went. If I went to a ramen restaurant with my family, I would eat the topping and drink the soup. I would leave my noodles untouched. When I went on holiday, I always ordered a big salad with chicken or meat at all the restaurants I went to. It wasn't hard. It was just boring and seriously, it bored the people around me.

I decided that for the long term, eating what I enjoyed was key to keeping my weight off and keeping myself happy in the process. Eating the foods you love in moderation and striving to eat healthy foods most of the time works for me and it should work for anybody. If you enjoy fried foods, go ahead and eat them once in a while. I love deep fried anything so I sometimes eat them almost everyday. However I only eat a small portion and I usually compensate by eating very light for the next meal. If I gain a pound or two, I simply cut my carbs for a few days and I'm back on track.

I have been fat for half my life so I know how difficult the struggle is. Once I got my mind straight and decided that I didn't want to live that way for the rest of my life, I finally did something about it and threw away all my excuses. I am certain that I am alive today because of that decision.

Last but not least....dessert


Before you go, let me share with you a delicious and easy dessert anyone can make. For this treat, I whipped up some cream , added some splenda and a splash of sugar free maple syrup. I blended all the ingredients, divided it into single servings and froze them. They taste just like maple ice cream! Yum!

*Note*
Please check the label of the cream you are using as carb counts can vary. Also keep portions on the small side to avoid weight stalls. However if you are maintaining your weight, you can have a large serving and will not gain weight if you are basically eating low carb.

My battle with weight loss has been a long and difficult journey. I am healthier and have more energy now than I did when I was younger. The most difficult step is always the first one. Make a decision to take care of your body and your body will take care of you. Whatever diet plan you decide to go on, the best of luck to you!

I have two more versions of this easy-to-make desssert. Please visit this page for more easy yumminess!


  • How To Lose Water Weight Fast - The Skinny School - How To

    www.theskinnyschool.com/how-to-lose-water-weight-fast

    You can lose a LOT of water weight in one day if you know how to do it properly. This lesson will teach you the reasons your body retains water, and will help you to ...


  • Fitbook - Lose weight & keep it off

    fitbook.com

    Fitbook helps you lose weight and keep it off. Track your diet and exercise with our easy to use journals and use our tools to keep track of your progress.


  • Healthy Weight Loss alli

    www.myalli.com

    Learn how alli can be part of your healthy weight loss program with information from the official alli site, myalli.com.


  • How To Lose Weight in Your Thighs

    howtoloseweightinyourthighsblog.com

    My story on how to lose weight in your thighs fast and keep it that way. I'm sharing how it took me only 5 weeks to lose thigh fat.


  • How many calories should I burn a day to lose weight?

    www.caloriesecrets.net/how-many-calories...i-burn-a-day-to-lose-weight

    From my experience a lot of people hesitate to even try and lose weight because they dont know from where to start. They know that they should go on a diet and ...


  • How to Do Surya Namaskar to Lose Weight YogaHathaYoga.com

    yogahathayoga.com/surya-namaskar-to-lose-weight

    You can do Surya Namaskar to lose weight without changing your diet, according to research from M.R. Medical College in India published in the Asian Journal of Sports ...


  • How To Lose Weight Fast: 63 Ways! - WLZINE - Weight Loss

    wlzine.com/ways-how-to-lose-weight-fast

    So you're wondering how to lose weight fast? This can be done. Look below for the 63 best tips, ranging from the best workouts to good diets and the foods you should ...


  • How To Win Scratch Offs - Discover How to Win at Scratch Off ...

    www.howtowinscratchoffs.com/0/page02.htm

    How To Win Scratch Offs - Discover How to Win at Scratch Off Lottery Tickets


  • How To Become A Model - Modeling Portfolios - Fashion, Glamour

    www.purestorm.com

    Purestorm aims to help you become a successful model, for all types of modeling including glamour, fashion, photographic, teen and many others. Sign up for a free ...


  • Lose Weight by Juicing - with details, guides, and how to get started

    www.justonjuice.com/lose-weight-by-juicing

    Lose Weight by Juicing, cleansing your body, resetting your appetite, and restoring your taste buds. Anyone can lose weight by juicing right


  • How To Paint A Mirror Frame Painting Tips & Tricks - Refunk My ...

    refunkmyjunk.com/how-to-paint-a-mirror-frame

    Raise your hand if you hate taping off mirror edges to paint it? Ok. I see Im not the only one here who hates it. I have a super easy tip to share with you on how ...


  • iGoogle - Google

    www.google.com/ig?refresh=1

    iGoogle is your personalized Google page. Add news, photos, weather, and stuff from across the web to your page.


  • Why Does My Ex Keep Contacting Me? - Breakups Fixed

    breakups.resolve-it.org/why-does-my-ex-keep-contacting-me

    All relationships that breakup end differently. Some end amicably and others in a huge fight, but most lie somewhere in between. No matter how it ends, the reason ...

  • WomensHealth - How To Lose 13 kilograms of Stomach Fat in Just

    womenshealth6.org/health/diet/index.htm?t202id=716414&c1=

    SPECIAL REPORT: How To Lose 13 Kilograms of Stomach Fat in Just 5 Weeks With A Diet Cleanse That Celebrities Use.

  • RX Muscle Forums

    forums.rxmuscle.com

    Rx Muscle is a discussion forum for bodybuilders. ... If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.

  • Garcinia Cambogia Scam? Or the Next Break Through in Weight

    garciniacambogiascam.com

    Is Garcinia Cambogia a scam? You decide... When Dr Oz gets excited you have to think they are onto something with Garcinia Cambogia.

  • Rain Drops keep falling on my head - YouTube

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=VILWkqlQLWk

    "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" was the number one song on the Billboard Hot 100 list in the United States in January, 1970. It is known as a very ...

  • Weight Loss Punch

    weightlosspunch.com

    Weight loss can be a challenge and finding the answers to your questions can often times be a greater challenge. At Weight Loss Punch we are the ones who are fighting ...

  • There ARE side effects with Garcinia Cambogia Extract !

    alivebynature.com/whats-the-side-effects-with-garcinia-cambogia...

    When taken in very large quantities, garcinia may have mild side effects such as nausea, headaches, and some laxative effects.However, these instances are

  • Cheap Phen375 - Is It Worth It? - YouTube

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWgDOvXCkdg

    Promotional Deal: http://thephen375site.net/promo.php The Phen375 weight loss supplement has been flying off the shelves for the last two years. It's ...

  • SupplementReviews.com: Ratings, Q&A, Price Comparisons.

    supplementreviews.com

    8,498 Supplements & 21,165 User Reviews - Rate and review various bodybuilding & fitness supplements. Read user supplement reviews!

  • How Many Calories Should I Consume to Lose Weight? : Workout

    www.workoutstrength.com/blog/how-many-calories...i-consume-lose-weight

    Weight loss its an ongoing war. Let me ask you, have you ever struggled to lose 10 pounds? Or would dropping 50 pounds change your life?

  • Iodine Weight Loss Supplement Low Iodine IodinePlus2 -

    thyroid-lose-weight.com

    Without proper amounts of iodine, your weight will increase. Help eliminate weight gain, brain fog, hair loss, dry skin and 100 other problems by supplementing with ...

  • RedGage

    www.redgage.com

    Make Money With Your Content RedGage is the best way to earn real money from your photos, videos, blogs and links.

No comments:

Post a Comment